Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Big News Day

Well...Monday I had pink eye (not a huge surprise as I was around kids all weekend with the concert)....Tuesday I woke up with a very sore throat, which I've had since last week. I went to the Dr. on Tuesday and found out I have Mono. Weird, she said I could have got it off a door handle or shopping cart....so keep washing your hands.
The picture above is Lincoln's arm from his allergy tests. He went to the allergist on Tuesday afternoon. I found out (which I suspected) that he is allergic to peanuts & eggs. They put an oil like drop on his arm and then pricked him with a tiny needle. Then you wait for 5 minutes and then 10 more minutes. The big circle by my fingers is the "egg" and the circle to the left of "egg" is the "peanut" a bit smaller (not as severe) and then the one above the egg is the histamine which is small compared to the other 2 reactions.
They circle the hive that appears at the 15 minute mark "peak" and copy onto their paper. They also injected saline & histamine to see what "normal" and a "reaction" looks like to compare the peanut & egg reactions.
He has to be re-tested in 3 months. 60-80% of kids grow out of the egg allergy by school age, so we are believing that will happen with both peanut and egg. Cause Libby loves her peanut butter!
So that was the heavy news day Tuesday!

1 comment:

amarea said...

I had mono in my last semester of Grade 12. Not fun!!! Get lots of rest! If I can do anything at all to help you out, let me know!