Monday, March 23, 2009

Blog Books

Finally Blurb.com fixed its website and I got my second blog book finished. I don't print of pictures anymore since everything is digital. Heather told me about Blurb, so I quickly looked into it. My first book is about 80 pages for the year 2006. Then Blurb was unable to "slurp" in blogs off blogger. So I waited, waited and waited until finally it was fixed. So I quickly "slurped" in my 2007 year of blogging. Then after a week and 20+ hours of editing I finished 2007. This book is 260 pages and has over 730 pictures. It cost $92 taxes & shipping included, which works out to about .11 cents a picture, which is reasonable considering it comes in a bound book with descriptions about the pictures.
I just "slurped" in my 2008 year...I've been trying to take more pictures to make sure our whole year is documented in our book....that's why I do post a lot of pictures because I know the end result is my book for the year. Well, 2008 had over 2000 pictures so I am going to have to make 2 books for 2008 (Jan. - June & July - Dec.) because there is a maximum 440 page limit per book. Which is fine, because I know the whole book will have everything from that year. Libby loves to look at them and try and remember what was happening in the pictures. So a good investment in the end.

1 comment:

amarea said...

Wow! That's really cool!! Definitely a great investment - especially if you have kids! They'll have basically their whole lives documented in really nice books. Great memories!