Saturday, October 11, 2008

Dinner is Served

Carly with her Baked pile of Alaska, it was pretty touch and go for a few seconds when it started to bubble over the pan in the oven and we had to take it out quickly onto the cookie sheet....but it actually tasted really good....presentation isn't everything
I don't think it looks like that picture....Adrian was out on the deck watching through the window, laughing his head off, because Carly was disgusted by her attempt at meringue....by the way, the window was open and we were talking to Adrain, he wasn't out there by himself cracking up about the Alaska.
Carly brought Baked Alaska for dessert
Dinner table from the other end...I'm obviously taking the picture so you can't see me. I think the room is getting tighter now that there is 11 at the table....I think the wall will have to come down soon so we can extend the already extra table.
Dinner table from one end...can't see Lincoln

4 comments:

Adrian said...

This is a good video to watch. Says put the Alaska in the freezer for at least 2 hours after coating it with meringue. I guess coated with already warm meringue is not the route to go

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbdvde0dTG0

Anonymous said...

Ther is probably many differnet ways to do it....the main thing is making the meringue work in the 1st place

Adrian said...

Carly was just trying to make a masterpiece. If I was in charge of dessert I would have just brought a tub of ice cream still in the Sobey's bag. But I am the lazy one in the family.

Shaun and Michelle Slauenwhite said...

Looks like you guys had a lovely turkey dinner. Good idea about the bacon. Never heard that one before. Love Libby's lego cake. Cute.